We are looking for a detail oriented Women’s Technical Designer. This person will bring their expertise to ensure consistency of fit, maintain high quality standards while keeping cost down and understanding our customer to get the fit right from the beginning. The ideal candidate will have a great sense of style, understands the Lauren James lifestyle and product fit and can balance technical design with real world application.
• Develop complete Tech packs with detailed specifications, fabrications, and technical drawings from Designer’s initial sketch
• Work closely with Design and Merchandising to develop the fit and specifications for samples
• Manage fitting process by making appropriate fit/construction adjustments and communicating changes to internal teams and vendors
• Work closely with the Production Manager and Buying team
• Work consistently with creative director
• Knowledge of garment construction, textiles, fabrics, and Technical packs
• 3-5 years of Technical Design experience
• Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines
• Must be a team player
• Working knowledge of Illustrator, Photoshop and Excel
This position is classified as full-time salaried; it is exempt and is not eligible for overtime. This position is eligible for standard company fringe benefits.
• Given the seasonality of the business, this position may require flexible, additional working hours during peak periods. • This position is reviewed annually.
• Health Insurance
• Life Insurance
• Long Term Disability
• Paid Vacation
Fill out the application on https://www.laurenjames.com/pages/careers If the position is no longer listed, it has been filled.
Related Jobs (10)
on January 12, 2018 Temporary