Requirements to apply:
• Students must have an overall GPA of 2.8 or higher.
• Students who are classified at end of 2016 spring semester as a junior, senior, graduate student, or a student that graduates in May of 2016.
• Students interested in a Creative Internship must be enrolled in a degree program relevant to graphic design and submit a creative portfolio.
• Application Deadline: December 15, 2015
Required Skills and Experience:
• 1-2 years of graphic design experience working in a team environment
• Advanced skills in Adobe Creative Suite with emphasis on print and layout based software
• Advanced skills in layout and print design
• Knowledge of corporate creative strategy, marketing objectives, brand identity standards and positioning statements
• Knowledge of the design process, Form Follows Function, as it relates to graphic design and advertising design disciplines
• Knowledge of the elements (typography, copy, color, photography, illustration, etc.) used in graphic and advertising disciplines
• Knowledge of the products (print collateral, packaging/labeling, signage, logos, etc.) that are outcomes of graphic and advertising disciplines
• Knowledge of current creative or design trends in the design industry
• Knowledge of pre-press (file preparation) and various printing processes (offset, flexographic, digital and screen) and related proofing requirements
• Ability to solve communication problems through effective use of design
• Skilled in all phases of design development process (concept, layout, execution), including effective use and integration of all relative design elements: typography, photography, illustration, color and logos/icons
• Skilled in all phases of graphics “mechanical” production
• Ability to evaluate design work for effectiveness against established creative strategies and objectives
• Skilled in designing a variety of visual elements (ads, brochures, posters, packaging, signs, logos)
• Ability to evaluate photography for quality and effectiveness
• Ability to work well with others and to be an effective team player
• Have a passion for extending their knowledge base
• Obvious enthusiasm, initiative and pride in work
Desired Skills & Experience:
• Experience with video production and working knowledge of editing software like Adobe Premiere
• Intermediate knowledge of web design and web development standards (HTML, CSS)
• This position is classified as hourly.
• Given the seasonality of the business, this position may require flexible, additional working hours during peak periods specifically around events local to the area and holidays.
• This position is reviewed yearly.
Related Jobs (10)
on January 12, 2018 Temporary